Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 1 completed!

Week 1 of my 10 week challenge went better than expected. I was pretty anxious that regardless of the changes I was making, I would still be frustrated with the progress. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the scales did indeed budge...in a small weight loss...small...but better than the weight gain I had been experiencing! So I'll definitely take it!

Here are the changes I made last week:

1. I started doing a more challenging elliptical routine - longer duration and more resistance.

2. Eating a handful of almonds daily for a quick filling snack

3. Changed my lunch granola cereal to a whole wheat shredded wheat

4. Started drinking more water!

5. Ate more veggies

6. More conscious of sodium and sugars

Other things I've decided: Weigh-ins will be Sunday morning instead of Monday morning. I like to enjoy my Sunday lunch with the family instead of wondering how much it's going to affect the scales in the morning. Eating in moderation is still important, but I don't want to have to think of calories and sodium intake for this one meal.

I am a little concerned about my energy level this week. Today I was dragging...when I finally dragged myself to the kitchen to make supper, I decided to have a quick snack of cheese and low fat Triscuits. I just had a few and it helped my energy level immensely! It made me wonder if I need to line up some healthy snacks in-between meals in order to keep my energy level up. I may play with that a bit this week. Regardless of how much I exercise, I have really really struggled with my energy level.

Anyway, just wanted to update!

2 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Nice to have an update. =) It is always encouraging when you can see results. I am always surprised by how blah I feel when I don't eat healthy snacks during the day (Like today I was at work all day and essentially the only snack I ate was marshmellows - hince the reason why I feel like crap tonight! haha...) Yeah, it truly does make a difference what you eat to keep your energy levels up. I am taking your lead and making some adjustments myself. I think I am going to start taking some carrot sticks and almonds and stuff to work instead of munching on unmentionable things....ha.

Cherry said...

Go Minners Go! I know what you mean. Since moving from Manhattan, my healthy diet and exercise has flown out the window. I used to walk two miles or more everyday on campus and subway was my best friend. Now I drive everywhere (partly because it's too far to walk and partly because it's too dangerous to walk) and out of lazyness my diet has suffered. But I've recently been working on those problems.