Tuesday, August 31, 2010

10 week Goal Update

Well, last week was the end of my 10 week goal. If I had been writing this two weeks ago, I could very excitedly tell you I had indeed reached my 10 week goal...unfortunately I have managed to gain 2 pounds over the last week....What's with that?!?! *HUGE SIGH*

So...I will admit to feeling pretty disappointed...but I refuse to be defeated. Though I have tried to remain faithful to doing my elliptical 5 times a week, I feel that my activity level has decreased over the last few weeks. This is mostly due to our new location. When we first moved here, the kids and I would regularly walk our dog down to the river and around the apartment grounds. We tried to be neighborly with the people we came across...unfortunately one of those people ended up being a real creep. So now I don't feel comfortable AT ALL taking the kids out as much (nor do I feel comfortable going out by myself either.) This was really disappointing, because it's so vital to get the kids out of the house so they can play. We still walk to the little playground across the field (which is thankfully away from the creepy guy,) but we don't do as much walking as we did when we first moved here.

So I need to figure out how to up the activity level during the days.

I have also noticed our food intake hasn't been the best. I need to tweak our meals to include more veggies.

So I want to work on those two things this week.

Goals seem to keep me motivated, so I am setting a new goal. I don't know if this will be a very realistic goal, but it's worth trying...I mean the worst that can happen in the end is not meeting the goal and then setting a new one after not meeting it...LOL!

This will be a more short-term "jump-start" goal:

End of Summer Goal: The Details

1. A six week "jump start" phase

Week 1: August 31-Sept 5

Week 2: Sept 6 - 12

Week 3: Sept 13-19

Week 4: Sept 20-26

Week 5: Sept 27-Oct 3

Week 6: Oct 4- 10

2. Attempt to lose 5 pounds by healthy meals/snacks and exercise

3. Find creative ways to stay active during the day with the kiddos

4. More veggies, more veggies, more veggies

6. Add strength training to my cardio routine

So....here I go again!! =)

1 comment:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Okay, you definitely do not give yourself enough credit, so I will do that for you.....I'm so proud of you!!! Dang, girl, you have done so much over the past several months with all the moving and stress and everything else. The fact that you are making goals and sticking to a plan and doing ANYTHING at all is amazing!!! Be proud of what you have done, and maybe the number goal isn't really what it should be about. The fact that you are faithfully working out and striving towards eating better is an amazing goal in and of itself (whether the pounds come off or not!) You are just doing awesome, and I'm so proud of you - Keep up the great work!!!